“What are the best air purifiers or humidifiers for my baby?” “Do I need a humidifier or air purifier for my baby?” or If you are searching for their answers then you are in the right place. We will give you answers to your all questions related to air purifier vs humidifier for baby with reasons in this article.
If you are going to have a new baby or you have already children in your house. Definitely, you want a good quality breathing environment for your child.
Having a high-quality humidifier or air purifier for your baby in the house will be one of your best decisions. If you are living in a dry or windy area with a lot of air pollutants, you must have it. We will help you to choose the best for your child.
1. Air purifiers for Baby
There are different kinds of airborne pollutants, allergens, and microbes in the air in which you breathe. Like mold spores, microbes and airborne germs, pollen, cigarette smoke byproducts and odors, pet dander and hair, odor-causing chemical substances, dust and dust mite particles, material and odor from home construction or other foreign material.
Babies are way more sensitive to germs and airborne allergens than adults. Because they are growing and breathe in more air. Plus they have a weak immune system. They are more likely to get ill.
If you keep dealing with air pollutants correctly your baby will not suffer from breathing problems, allergies, and illness. Air purifiers will give your baby relief in any kind of allergies, colds, coughing, & normal breathing problems. Air purifier benefits the baby to breathe in the pure, clean, and fresh air in your home and the baby’s room.
When you need an air purifier for your baby
If you live in dry hot weather or extremely cold weather areas then you should buy an air purifier for baby. You should get an air purifier for a baby if you are in any of these situations.
- If you are living in an area where the levels of dust particles are moderate to high.
- If you recently move to a new home.
- If there is some construction going on in your home or around your home.
- If you move into a recently constructed home.
- You have a family member or visitor who smokes
- Your baby constantly getting sick such as sneezing, coughing, flu, allergies symptoms, cold or respiratory illness
- Your newborn baby has developed or born with a respiratory illness
- You have pets in your homes like cats, dogs, or birds.
What type of purifier is best for the baby
You should keep few things in mind while choosing the air purifier for the baby. Most importantly you should not have purifiers that use Ozone Generators or ionizers.
- Choose an air purifier for the baby which has a true HEPA filter.
- Prefer an EPA-approved energy star-certified air purifier for your baby. An Energy-efficiency air purifier will save you money.
- Always check the filter replacement cost of the air purifier.
- Never bought an ionizing air purifier for your baby. Because these air purifiers create ozone which is a lung pollutant. It is dangerous for asthma patients.
- Pick the right size air purifiers that are built for your room size.
- Check the air purifier clean-air delivery rate (CDR). A high CADR air purifier will clean air more quickly.
Whatever air purifier you purchase maintain it. Keep cleaning and changing its filters regularly according to your air purifier.
2. Humidifier for baby
If you live in a dry area then you should have a humidifier for baby. Because it releases water vapor or steam to regulate the dry atmospheres. Humidifier adds moisture in the air, which will help you, child, in breathing and to fight illnesses and allergies which are because of dry air.
Is it good to have a humidifier for a baby
A humidifier for the baby moistens the air which comforts your baby. It helps your child to battle dry breathing difficulties, and skin. Also, the white noise makes by the humidifier helps baby you in falling asleep easier at nap times and night times.
When you need a humidifier for your baby
You should have a humidifier for baby if you are in any of these situation:
- Your house is in a dry climate area or constantly cold climate
- If you use heat extensively in winters
- Your baby has dry skin, dry eyes/throat/nose
- You can feel static electricity when touching something after moving
What type of humidifier is best for a baby
While choosing a humidifier for a baby keep in mind that a mist humidifier works best and rapidly instead of an evaporative humidifier. So, prefer a mist humidifier for the baby.
Air purifier vs Humidifier for Baby: Which is better?
Both a humidifier and an air purifier is equally important for your baby. However, you should not keep a humidifier running like air purifiers. Babies can get benefit from a humidifier that has dry skin and stronger congestion. But it is unnecessary for other babies who don’t suffer from these.
An air purifier with the true HEPA filter can help to remove allergen, dust, or diaper odors. Air purifiers are the best choice if you want to buy them. But instead of air purifier vs humidifier for baby you can also buy Air purifiers and humidifiers combo. Means one device will work as Air purifiers and humidifiers both.
Here we have listed the best air purifier and humidifier combo of 2021.
Can I use a humidifier and an air purifier together?
Yes, both have different functions and there are not related to the same cause. In fact, together they will provide you a 100% purified and quality air to breathe. Humidifier improves the moisture of air and Air purifiers will remove the airborne pollutants and odors it will freshen and clean the air.
Air purifier vs Humidifier for baby, both have different functionality in keeping your baby safe from germs and illnesses due to dryness. So, both are worth buying. And after buying maintaining and cleaning it as per instructions is important. Using a dirty and expired filter air purifier or a humidifier is much worse than not having it at all.